We are seeking an English Writer/Editor who is willing to learn and can empower our client to achieve their global expansion goals.
Necessary skills & qualifications:
• Native English speaker familiar with US English writing standards (any nationality may apply)
• 1 year of editing, writing, or translation experience
• Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree
• Intermediate Chinese reading ability (HSK 4 and above)
• Strong independent research skills
• Logical and critical thinking skills
• Willingness to accept and incorporate critical feedback
• Some familiarity with Chinese work culture
Desirable skills & qualifications:
• Familiarity with enterprise IT (data management and protection etc.) or related fields
• A writing or technology- oriented educational background
Key job responsibilities:
• Editing user guides, marketing collateral, interface strings, etc. that have been translated from Chinese to English. Specifically, this involves ensuring clarity, native-like style, technical accuracy, standard grammar & mechanics, cultural appropriateness, and adherence to client-specific requirements.
• Referring to Chinese source materials to understand the intended meaning
• Discussing decisions about content with translators and other team members
• Evaluating document quality and providing widely applicable suggestions for improvement
• Contributing to team training meetings
• The focus will be on enterprise IT, but other editing, content creation, and transcreation opportunities may also be available pending strong performance.
• This position involves receiving training and feedback from a senior editor who is preparing to be transferred to another client.
• The position will be full-time based in office at Ping’an Finance Centre, Futian District.
• Onsite work in Bantian, Shenzhen may be occasionally required.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and two writing samples to Charlie Edmonds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about CSOFT International, visit https://www.csoftintl.com/