Silicon carbide power devices are enabling the automotive, industrial and energy markets in unprecedented progression in terms of efficiency, power density and system cost. PN Junction Semi. is the innovator, pioneer and leader. This position will have a significant impact in how the next product platform innovations are introduced into the market.
The role interacts directly with power conversion system design companies, component suppliers, our device scientists, fellow applications engineers, marketing and commercial sales to help support the demand creation, design in and win of our power products.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical engineering
2. 3+ years of power applications experience
3. Strong understanding of semiconductor device technology
4. Strong understanding of power semiconductor circuits, simulation, systems and control.
5. Good general knowledge of end user system design
6. Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
7. Strong verbal, written & presentation communications skills
8. Willingness to travel regularly, including internationally as necessary
9. Self-motivated with strong drive to achieve objectives
10. Ability to blend the technical and commercial to deliver a balanced approach to problems
11. Strong analytical skills and experience
12. Highly preferred skills and certifications:
13. Master’s Degree or PhD in power electronics
14. Extensive experience supporting customers, direct sales and distribution sales partners
1. Identify application, circuit and system needs and translate to specific product requirements for active, passive, control and thermal mechanical components optimized for use with silicon carbide power devices.
2. Management of external component and circuit partner programs to align complete power schematics with the unique needs of Silicon Carbide power devices.
3. Awareness of power circuit, component and application trends and directions from voice of customer, partner suppliers, competition activity, conferences and publication review
Implementation of evaluation and demonstration hardware systems & boards.
4. Generation of application and system specific collateral and tools.
5. Work with marketing, applications and sales for special business opportunities